The Learning Communities, i.e. private and group messages in the environment can be enabled in the System section.
Do remember that even if the Learning Communities is not enabled in the environment, the courses can still use the discussion area on a course-by-course basis. The course discussion area is enabled per course in the course settings: Settings > Functions > Message board > On/off
In the Messages and Email Reminders section, the environment administrator can deactivate email reminders. If the function is disabled, users will not be able to set email reminders in their settings and will not receive any reminders on new messages, impending due dates or new results.
The environment administrator may modify the title and text of the reminder message here. The reminder message can include language versions in Finnish, Swedish, English, and Estonian. Reminders can be previewed and content values can also be returned to the default values.
The reminder message preview shows all the possible message elements. The reminder messages that are sent to users do not show sections with no current reminders. At the end of the message, the user is also given the opportunity to check the settings of the function with a direct link.
Summary of messages and notifications
Outgoing messages immediately
A message to the user can be sent immediately if message sending is selected in connection with the function when
- creating a new account,
- changing users username,
- changing users password,
- adding user to a group,
- adding a user or a group to a course
- adding an announcement to a course,
- adding a user or a group to a learning path.
If Priima’s registration forms are used to create acoounts, then then the user will receive a message immediately upon registration.
These direct messages cannot be blocked by the user.
Summary message once a day
From Priima, a summary message is sent to users once a day according to these own message settings.
If email reminders are turned on in your environment settings. The user can choose to receive messages in their own settings.
The new events in your environment compose message contains the following content, and the message is sent once a day when there is content to send. Subject (Date of transmission of the message):
- Courses and mandatory assignments with a due date approaching (8 and 15 days before).
- A list of assignments with a due date approaching or courses that are about to close.
- A list of courses and their required assignments when your own course membership is coming to an end.
- For unread messages (for 30 days)
- From unread messages from learning communities
- From unread forum posts
- Unread messages from a course or course discussion block or blocks
- Assingments to check (next night)
- When I am an examiner in a (mandatory) Assignment or Follow-up block and there is a new task to be examined there.
- About new course and assignments (next night)
- Once the trainer has assessed my mandatory assignment: Assignment and Follow-up Block
- When a course has manual assessment enabled and when the trainer has added the course result to me
- When I get the learning path completed
- New people have registered for the course, ie registrations have been processed.
Transmission time can be set
In the reminder message about the due date of the execution, it is possible to specify how many days before the due date of the execution the message is sent to the user. This reminder message will be sent to students, course instructors, and administrators and managers. Learner cannot disable reminders regarding expiring course results.