The environment administrator can add LTI tools in the Administration – Courses > LTI tools view. When the tool is connected, the contents of that tool can be imported into the course using the LTI tool block. This way, for example, the H5P.com service and ThingLink can be used in Priima.
In addition to the LTI 1.0 and 1.1 versions, it is also possible to add tools using the LTI 1.3 version to Priima. When adding, the administrator of the environment must choose which standard they want to use. The choice of standard always depends on the provider of the LTI application. Using different LTI versions can have an impact on the operation of the application.
LTI 1.3 enables a more versatile and secure use of LTI content. However, setting up LTI 1.3 tools has more steps so read this guide carefully.
LTI 1.3 differs from older LTI versions in that when adding a tool, information must be added both from the service provider’s software to Priima and from Priima to the service provider’s software.
General guide to adding LTI 1.3 tools:
- In Priima, open the Administration – Courses > LTI tools view and press the Add LTI tool button.
- In the service provider’s software, open Connect LMS or a similar view in the settings. Check your service provider’s instructions or our instructions below for details.
- Look at the configuration information available in the service provider’s software and copy it to the Add LTI tool view in Priima. When you have entered the necessary information in Priima, press Save.
- Now that the LTI tool has been added to Priima, press the Config information link of the service you defined in Priima’s LTI tools list.
- Copy the information presented in Priima’s Config information view to the service provider’s software. Save your activity in the service provider’s software. The LTI connection should now be established.
- Add the LTI tool to your desired course in Priima.
Below you will find more detailed instructions for adding different LTI tools. In addition, service providers may have their own instructions for adding their tools to Priima.
Moving from LTI 1.0 and 1.1 versions to LTI 1.3 version
In Priima, it is not possible to update the already in use LTI tool to version 1.3. If you want to use the LTI 1.3 version in some tool, you should add a new LTI tool via the Add LTI tool button. After this, the existing course assignments must be changed to utilize the new tool, which has been created with the newer version of the interface. If you are using course templates, you should update the new task directly to the tasks in the course template.
Guides for adding different tools
ThingLink’s website is getting its own instructions for connecting to Priima.
Content selection is on by default in the Add LTI tool view in Priima, and in the case of ThingLink, it should be left on. This means that in the LTI block of the course’s content editor, you can select appropriate material for the block from ThingLink.
In the H5P service, the LTI connection is established in Manage Organization > Connect LMS > Add LMS Connection. In this view, select the option Other in the Select your LMS section and select LTI v1.3 in the LTI version section. After that, the necessary information is copied from the Connect LMS view to Priima’s Add LTI tool view:
- Name: Optional, only visible in Priima environment courses when the tool is selected in the LTI block.
- URL: https://yourorganisation.h5p.com
- LTI-version: LTI 1.3
- Key type: Key pair
- JSON Web Key Address: The .json URL of the Public key field in the Other section of H5P service.
- Login URL: The Login URL in the Important Info section of H5P service.
- Redirect URLs: The Redirect URL in the Important Info section of H5P service.
When the necessary information from H5P has been copied to Priima, press the Save button in Priima. After this, the information presented in Priima’s Config information view is copied to the H5P service. Open the Connection settings view of the connection you created in H5P and paste the information displayed in Priima into the corresponding fields in H5P:
- Client ID: Client ID in Priima’s Config information
- Issuer: ISS-information in Priima’s Config information
- Login URL: Authentication request URL in Priima’s Config information
- Token URL: Access token URL address in Priima’s Config information
- Key Set URL: Public key set URL address in Priima’s Config information
- You can leave the Audience and Private key fields empty.
To establish the connection, press the New Deployment button in H5P. Next, add the Deployment ID from Priima’s Config information to the corresponding field in H5P. The LTI connection is now established and content can be added to the courses.
Instructions on H5P.com: Setting up H5P.com in Priima (LTI 1.3)
Can’t find instructions for the tool you’re using? Send us a message and lets fix it: firstname.lastname@example.org